Inspiration is extremely rare to find these days. The Internet has made information retrieval such a simple task. Gone are the days when research meant original ideas, hours of struggle with tomes in the library and days of incessant labor. A single click today and a plethora of knowledge opens up.
- But are we to gain from this Instant Coffee approach?
- Does creative pursuit end on Google Search?
- Are we leaving a legacy of dependence on wires and wireless?
Creation is and shall always be a dynamic process. Entwined, interspersed and inspired from Nature. The morning dew, the rising sun, the mountains tall, the glades, the flowers are all same as the ones our ancestors had for their creative titillation.
- So why is there a dearth of creative, imaginative and original ideas?
- Are we incompetent, imperfect and impractical today?
- Are we simply ignorant of the treasure trove around us?
- Are we simply happy to imitate because it’s faster and less taxing?
Inspiration shall always come to those, who look for it. But the secret is to search in the right places, at the right time and for the right purpose. With inspiration in hand and imagination at work, one can do wonders. You may be a poet or a practitioner, imagination gives you the ability to go beyond the usual din. The power to sail beyond the horizons of conformity to islands of exclusiveness and exceptions but can Knowledge substitute Imagination and Inspiration?
Knowledge breeds from the past, Imagination forges the future and Inspiration envisages the present. All three are vital for success. For there is no future, if you don’t learn from the past. But the time to act is now. So go out and get inspired. Leave Google to what it does best: Doodle.